Landscapes of the Canadian Maritimes - Small Group, 2021
Landscapes Of The Canadian Maritimes – Small Group, 2021
A mix of colourful harbours and sweeping coastlines, this nautical trip allows you to recharge by the sea as you take in some of Canada’s iconic maritime history. From learning about the tradition of fabric milling in Baddeck to discovering the picturesque village of Peggy’s Cove, you’ll have plenty of time to relax and take in the sea air, as you make your way through Canada’s Eastern Maritime provinces.
- Halifax: You can relax next to the waterfront before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner at 18:00.
- Halifax: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner with live music back in Halifax.
- Baddeck: In the evening, experience warm hospitality and Cape Breton-style home cooking at your waterfront hotel.
- Charlottetown: Enjoy a delicious Highlight Lunch of Island Blue Mussel cooked fresh by the fisherman. Then, take a short stroll though the village to the historic Georgetown Inn, where you’ll be invited by the owner to continue your meal featuring fresh, locally grown produce.
- Shediac Bay: Enjoy a fisherman’s lobster feast and Highlight Lunch, as you cruise the waters of the bay, taking in the scenery and warm Acadian hospitality.
- Digby: Meet a former scallop fisherman for a culinary demonstration and Celebration Dinner par excellence, featuring Digby’s famous scallops.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches with wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Halifax: This afternoon, enjoy an Insight Choice between a visit to the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site, the Maud Lewis Gallery, or the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21.
- Lunenburg: Journey to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Lunenburg and meet a Local Expert for a walking tour.
- Baddeck: Continue your night with traditional music and song at the Celtic Evening, where you’ll enjoy a night of Acadian hospitality and entertainment.
- Charlottetown: You’ll be met by your local Knowledge Keeper who will welcome you to the community, before you are introduced to the Seven Sacred Teachings and how it guides the Mi?kmaq people.
- Charlottetown: You will be met by a fisherman who will regale you with tales of life at sea and teach you all about the area’s lobster and mussel industry.
- Charlottetown: Enjoy an Insight Choice between a lighthouse tour with a winery tour and tasting, or a bike rental to explore the city.
- Annapolis Royal: With your Local Expert, a costumed interpreter, visit the scenic National Historic District and learn about the cultural heritage of Annapolis Royal.
Top Rated Highlights
- Halifax: Join a Local Expert for an informative exploration of eclectic Halifax.
- Halifax: Journey to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Lunenburg and meet a Local Expert for a walking tour. Hear tales of the fishing industry’s impact on the region before visiting scenic Peggy’s Cove.
- Baddeck: Immerse yourself in a unique experience at The Gaelic College, devoted to the study and preservation of the Gaelic and Celtic cultures. Learn about the tradition of fabric milling and see a kilt-making demonstration in action.
- Baddeck: Go behind-the-scenes with a Local Expert to unravel the stories behind one of history’s most influential members at the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site.
- Cavendish: Discover picturesque Prince Edward Island with a Local Expert before heading on to Cavendish. Here you’ll visit the Green Gables House, the fabled home that provided inspiration for L.M. Montgomery’s children’s classic, ‘Anne of Green Gables’. Return to Charlottetown, where you will visit the Abegweit Mi’Kmaw Nation, an Indigenous community located east of the city.
- Shediac Bay: Cruise the waters of Shediac Bay aboard a private lobster boat (weather permitting) and get a glimpse into the fascinating world of these sea creatures and learning about local lobstering.
- Fundy Trail Parkway: Travel along the Fundy Trail Parkway, hugging the coast with stunning views in every direction and visit Fundy National Park.
- Bay of Fundy: Embark on a whale watching cruise (weather permitting) to potentially spot rare species of whale and learn about these majestic sea mammals.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Halifax.
Sightseeing and Relaxation in Halifax.
Historic Lunenburg and Peggy's Cove.
Cape Breton Island and Blooming Baddeck.
The Natural Beauty of the Cabot Trail.
Baddeck and Charlottetown.
Prince Edward Island Sightseeing.
Insight Choice in Charlottetown.
The Tides of Hopewell Rocks.
Lively Moncton to Digby.
Delightful Digby and Annapolis Royal.